New Message: Re: Date format MM/DD/YY I want DD/MM/YY

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Apr 20 04:28:24 PDT 2004

By: Bill (lists at whalesong.org)

Hello Aniruddha and Patrick,

I am still unable to get a byline posting on the HOME page to show up as I want?

It reads Posted by Homer Simpson on 4/20/04; 9:20:59 PM

Aniruddha, you say:

QUOTE:

 am also using GMT plus 10 and have this byline on a site I am hosting at the moment.

Fri, Apr 9, 2004; by Homer Simpson

I am using the White Space theme in this case. Could it be part of the theme settings?

UNQUOTE.

Bill It could be, I don't know?? Is your byline a news item that is posted to the home page?

I have checked by the settings in Prefs-Appearance and can confirm they are both set to the "long form' i.e Tuesday, 20th April etc etc...

When I create a "news" item with byline, I stll get the other date.

It appears the macros Posted by {author} on {postTime} is driving this?

I am using the Moveable Blue theme? [ http://theme42.weblogger.com/]

Any suggestions?

Bill