Delete story

Dave Winer dwiner at cyber.law.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 20 11:34:24 PDT 2004

It might break something.

We did it that way so that if someone broke into your system it would be
possible to recover. That was based on experience with an earlier system
where delete got rid of what was being deleted, not just unlinking it.

If you absolutely have to get the text to disappear, I'd edit the table,
replacing the text with something innocuous, but I would leave the table
there.

Dave