New Message: Re: Guide to reinstalling Frontier/Manila?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Dec 21 19:27:54 PST 2004

By: Dan Mitchell (dan at mitchell.fhda.edu)

Lawrence:

I haven't seen a reply since I answered your questions about free drive space and saving copies of roots last Wednesday.

The problem continues.

I grasping at straws here. Yesterday I reindexed all of my sites, thinking that this might somehow be connected. I also turned off the nightly backup feature. I have "saved copies" off all open .roots in Frontier and replaced the old one with the new ones. I turned off my automatic Retrospect backup routine. I have run fsck and done disk repair.

I'm still getting at least a half dozen Frontier crashes per day. Sometimes they come in a series of several within a few hours - they may be separated by as little as a half hour or so.

Would a copy of the crash log help... or not?

Thank you.

Dan Mitchell

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.