WebDumper Fails on Manila Sites

Ken Tompkins ken at loki.stockton.edu
Fri Dec 31 09:18:40 PST 2004

I need to download a Manila blog. I have enabled the static function
as server administrator but
it doesn't seem to work when I try to export the site. I don't have
time to fuss with this today so I
turned to a OSX program -- WebDumper -- which snatches basic web site
very effectively.

So, I pointed it at the site that I need to grab and it simply hangs.
When I pointed it
at some other Manila test sites it hangs on them also.

What other dumping/exporting programs (OSX) have Manila users used?

Anyone have an idea about why WebDumper hangs? (I've enabled the authentication
feature, btw, and that doesn't help).

kt

                            Kenneth Tompkins
                        Professor of Literature