New Message: Re: ViewNewsItem Macro Help Please?

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Tue Jun 8 16:36:23 PDT 2004

By: Bill (crllen at bigpond.com)

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your advice. It is sincerley appreciated. I used your macro call exactly as written

{viewNewsItems (30, "Department Name", "* {itemTitle}")}

and substituted my department name

{viewNewsItems (30, "theCrllenBoardOfDirectors", "* {itemTitle}")}

I no longer have the "code error" partially displayed on the page, which is good, although no content is displayed.

I fear I may have 'broken' the site. I am struggling with a more general problem as well as this one.

I have deleted a test site that shared a members database and now find I have had to create a new site and link my original site to the new database.

Along the way, the odd error has started to appear. I am thinking of trashing all the sites, and starting from scratch.

Do you have any advice on additional written support material or "how to" documents about Forntier/manila? Anything that is video based?

Cheers

Bill