New Message: Static ftp redering problem

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Sat May 29 07:32:57 PDT 2004

By: Georg Berg (georg.berg at wdr.de)

Strange behaviour with different ftp-servers with my first try of the fresh frontier installation.

In the same testsite I entered one after annother the values for two different ISPs. At my first provider (1&1) everything is as expected.

I entered values for my other provider (strato.de) and get the error message: "Error in filewriters.ftp.write: Timeout in read loop"

When I look at the source code of the created URL I can see that it was created and uploaded but the body is empty and the source code is different (can be noticed on the first line).

First URL (as expected):
http://www.geork.de/frontier/erftkanu/

Second URL (empty body, different source code):
http://www.erftkanu.de/frontier/erftkanu/