News item in multiple departments?

Samuel Reynolds sam at SpinwardStars.com
Fri Nov 5 09:19:03 PST 2004

So far as I can tell, a Manila news item can only be
placed in a single department.

In Radio UserLand, however, a blog posting (which looks
an *awful* lot like a Manila new item) can be assigned
multiple categories.

Is there any plan to make it possible to assign a news
item to multiple "departments"? I thought (over a year
ago!) that there was; this capability could be very
useful for (for example) portal-style sites.

In the case of the 3rd Party Plugins  site
(http://plugins.weblogger.com/), I'd like to be able
to assign a given news item to both the General and
the Manila Plugins "departments".

- Sam