New Message: Pinging services other than rpc.weblogs.com

webmaster at userland.com webmaster at userland.com
Mon Feb 28 12:03:07 PST 2005

By: Matt Deatherage (frontier at gcsf.com)

It appears, from a brief perusal of the code, that I should be able to add URLs for alternate RPC ping services (like blo.gs or ping-o-matic) in a table at config.manila.rssNotifications.notify, and Manila will automatically take care of pinging them. I tried adding a couple, though, and they don't seem to be getting any pings.

Is that how it should work? Does the URL have to contain the full URL of the ping page, or just the domain like http://rpc.weblogs.com if we're assuming they all use the weblogs.com-style ping protocol [1]?

Is there a log I can check to make sure the pings are going through? It happens too fast to see it in the message window.

Thanks!

[1] http://www.xmlrpc.com/weblogsCom

This is a Manila site.. http://manila.userland.com/.