Can't edit msg with Netscape

Ceelee Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:03:14 -0700

A contributing editor who uses Netscape alerted me to a new problem. The
following problem appears only when editing with the Netscape browser.
(Internet Explorer is fine.)

The "Post Changes" button overlays the text box, as do ALL the metadata
fields. And even if I could see through the button to edit, it is inactive.

I reproduced this problem from my machine - Windows 98, 800x600 resolution,
Netscape Communicator 4.61.

This problem has appeared since we started using metadata now on our staff
site. (Metadata works fine, btw.) Our short term solution to the Netscape
problem is to use IE instead. But with browser-based editing, it's best if
folks can use either Netscape or IE. Also, this makes me wary about using
metadata on other manila sites I manage.

Hope you have a lead on this.
-Ceelee