Brackets on html tags don't render...

Jim Byrne Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 15:20:47 +0100

on 28/8/01 2:52 pm, Bob Kemp at robert.kemp@strath.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi again everyone,
>
> Another little problem: I'm trying to import another site into my Manila
> site, and doing so simply by making new stories and cutting and pasting the
> html into them. Unfortunately the html doesn't render consistently doing
> this. Opening brackets for html tags are rendered as < - but not always.
> Sometimes they work just fine.
>
> I was prepared to put up with this little idiosyncracy and edit the
> brackets by hand, but I've now found that when I restore the opening
> bracket and post the changes, < is still there to haunt me. I suspect
> this is an XML-related problem - something to do with interpreting
> less-than literally? Can anyone suggest how to deal with it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Kemp

Bob,

Check that you are not using HTML which is not been specified as legal for
your Manila site (see Prefs/Legal Tags). Also check that there are no
mistakes in your HTML (including the HTML in your template) and that the
syntax of all your macros is correct.

Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
Web.

Connections Disability: http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/

Scottish Disability Information Mailing list:
http://www.connections.gcal.ac.uk/MailList/DisList.html