Feature Request - maybe

Chris Range Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:08:18 -0500

Please forgive and inform me if this is not the appropriate venue for this
topic.

I would like to see a macro similar to the Giggle macro which could make
topical queries of Amazon's (or Barnes & Noble etc) database. Say I have a
page titled 'Chieftains'. I could include this macro on that page and it
would invite folks to search for 'Chieftains' at Amazon and upon doing so
would produce a list of DVD's, CD's, posters and the like - whatever was
returned by the query. Amazon has search boxes one can insert into a page,
but I have never figured a way to automatically get anything from a manila
page such as the Title or any of the Metadata into it in any sort of
automated fashion. If this macro would automatically attach my partner id to
the end of the query (thereby giving me credit for the link) then that would
be absolutely wizard.

So is this a new feature, or is there another route I can take to get from
here to there?