Searching all sites - second try

Ken Dow Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 08:25:07 -0500

The sampleSearch script does search the entire index, so if you're
not seeing other sites it's probably because they have been
configured to be indexed (Prefs > Searching). Also, keep in mind that
only changes made after a site is configured for indexing will turn
up in searches because the Manila search architecture works on demand
not by crawling sites. There's a script kicking around Userland
somewhere that will index existing sites but I can't put my hand on
it at the moment...

--
Regards,
Ken @ http://www.kendow.com

I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and
a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.
- EB White