remote editing capabilities for multiple sites?

Pike, Dale Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:27:04 -0500

Is there any way to use XML-RPC or SOAP to manage multiple Manila-based
weblogs from a single interface? I would love to have the functionality of
the iBlog tool (see http://homepage.mac.com/soapdog/iblog.html ) for
non-Blogger sites.  The ideal (for me) would be a sort of floating window
that could capture any URL I'm browsing and provide access to any (and all)
weblogs I edit via a popup menu (like iBlog does through the Blogger
functionality). ManilaExpress appears to be a basic implementation of this,
but it is limited to one Manila site (and I can't seem to get it to work in
my Windows 2000 system) iBlog works with multiple sites because it
replicates the functionality of the Blogger engine--Manila does not directly
support the same single interface for multiple blogs, does it? How could you
kluge this together?

Dale Pike
Director of Instructional Technology
College of Arts and Sciences