Radio and Manila directory editing

Michael Fraase Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:56:46 -0600

So I confess, I must be as dumb as a post.

I followed the instructions at
http://radiodiscuss.userland.com/howToUseRadioWithManila to enable
Manila to recognize Radio.

Then I followed the instructions at
http://radio.userland.com/radioAsAManilaDirectoryEditingTool to create
an outline (created a message, clicked the edit in Radio button, created
the outline, and saved it back to Manila).

The outline looks like this in Radio:

   > Chapter One
      > Section One
      > Section Two
   > Chapter Two
      > Section One
      > Section Two

(with the ">" appearing as a Frontier wedge).

All fine and dandy, right? Nope it saves back into Manila something like
this:

   Chapter One Section One Section Two Chapter Two Section One Section
Two

But get this: the email confirmation looks like the Radio outline.

And then when I try to build a page that contains the viewDirectoryBox
macro, it doesn't display anything like the example provided (the one
time I got it to work at all, the macro elements were displayed on the
page with one of the directories).

I'm terribly confused and frustrated. Are there any other tutorials or
reference materials available?

If you please, cc: me directly.

Thanks.

--