dumb questions

Hürzeler Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 16:46:43 +0200

i have spent hours in the internet reading all the available information and
yet not found basic answers to my dumb questions.

my main activity is creating graphics for print and web, but i also have
programmed full static websites, using adobe go live as editor in a mac.
i also run my own website, which is placed on a isp virtual server.
i do not have a fixed connection to the internet and thus cannot run my own
server.
the way i usually work is that i have a copy of the sites on my hard disk/
diskettes, edit page by page and upload them to the server via ftp.

my questions are:
- can i use manilla at all?
does that program work on a local level (on my hard disk too) or only
remote?
-does my isp need to run frontier in his server, so i can use manilla?
if he does'nt what can i do?
- can i develop manilla sites for clients which have their own servers or
work with isps, which i have no control over?

sorry, this is all too new for me and i want to make sure before i buy
frontier/manilla, that it can be of any use at all.

best regards

miriam huerzeler
picnic terminal - web design & graphics
fone +41 (0)1 401 10 75