Page Cannot Be Displayed/DNS Error using EditThisPage.com

Outlaw, Vincent G. Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 10:20:15 -0700

Win2K Pro, IE 5/5.5, Excite@Home cable modem.

When editting or creating a page with more than a paragraph or two of
content on my Manila site at http://newjazzthing.editthispage.com,  the
browser thinks for quite a while (about 1 minute) and then returns the 'The
Page Cannot Be Displayed' page with the additional 'DNS error' message at
the bottom of the page (standard IE error page). I have no problems when I
try to download (via HTTP) pages or even when I click the Edit This Page
button on a large page.  The problems seems to be when I am sending a large
amount of data (either something in a new document or just a quick edit to
an existing page or even a Picture) back to the EditThisPage.com server.
I've also seen this happen on other web sites when I fill out a form with
more than a few fields on it.

The problem seems to be related to the amount of data I am sending via HTTP.
This all started occurring after I got my Excite@Home cable connection
through Cox Cable and was no longer going through dial-up.

If anyone has similar experience or some idea of how this can be remedied,
it would be truly appreciated.  I've done quite a bit of searching on the
Inet for answers and just recently wiped my entire drive and reinstalled
Win2K Pro,  to no avail...still getting the error.

Thanks...VO

Vincent Glen Outlaw
Senior Software Engineer
Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), http://SAIC.com