firewall issue.

Manila-Newbies@userland.com Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 13 Sep 2001 16:07:16 +0200

Hi guys,

I believe my issue is firewall related.

I have two web logs. One on soul.manilasites.com and one on myjamby.com
(www.myjamby.com/papsje).
I update both sites through the web based interface. I had no problems
uptill monday but today I suddenly received an error message.

Now I have to tell you that my firewall is located in our headoffice in New
York (no this has nothing to do with...) And the system guys there do not
let us know when and if they change settings......

So anyways... I tried to post a new news item. When I then hit create news
item..
I receive the following error messages:

__________soul.manilasites.com error message____________
Sorry! There was an error: Can't evaluate the expression because the name
"referer" hasn't been defined.
The error was detected by Frontier 7.0.1 in mainResponder.respond.
Webmaster: webmaster@userland.com. Time: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:51:18 GMT.

__________www.myjamby.com/papsje error message____________
Sorry! There was an error: Can't evaluate the expression because the name
"referer" hasn't been defined.
The error was detected by Frontier 7.0 in mainResponder.respond. Webmaster:
adam@curry.com. Time: Thu, 13 Sep 2001 13:53:14 GMT.
__________

When I asked Adam for help he tried it from the jamby office and there he
had no problem in uploading a new news article.
Therefor I asume it is a firewall related issue.

But  now my questions are the following does this has to do something with
version 7 of Manila?

Could this be a firewall related issue?

What is "referer" and what does it do?

Could it be something that is filtered out by the firewall? It seems highly
strange for a firewall to filter "referer" but you never know.

Does anybody have suggestions? All feed back is welcome as before calling
to the system guys there (and shouting to them) I need to be able to
identify why and what is wrong.

Thanks,
Rick.