Manila-Newbies digest, Vol 1 #39 - 3 msgs

Dan Mitchell Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 12:05:40 -0700

:-)

I know how to use the non-breaking space tag to solve this, but I'm still
confused about the advantage might be of breaking lines this way. I don't
see any.

It seems to me that the text should not wrap as long as there is space for
it.

Dan

on 9/24/01 12:01 PM, manila-newbies-request@userland.com at
manila-newbies-request@userland.com wrote:

> on 21/09/01 5:44 am, Dan Mitchell at dan@tehipite.fhda.edu wrote:
>
>> I've noticed that Manila seems to divide Navigation text onto multiple lines
>> even where there is space for the text.
>>
>> For example, if I create a link to De Anza College in the Navigation
>> Advanced Preferences, I'd like to see the link text on a single line like
>> this:
>>
>> De Anza College
> <snip>
>>
>> if it can be changed.
>
> it's a clever feature :-) The work around is to add in the html for a space,
> which is &nbsp; (non breaking space)
>
> De&nbsp;Anza&nbsp;College
>
> will give you a single line, which is what you want.

       d    a    n       m    i    t    c    h    e    l    l

            Apple Distinguished Educator - Class of 2000

dan@mitchell.fhda.edu  *  http://mitchell.fhda.edu/  *  408.864.8511
de anza college                          http://www.deanza.fhda.edu/