OS X Server Restart (no subject)

Ken Dow Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 08:50:42 -0500

--Apple-Mail-2-707136527

Tammy,

I'm not sure if this has already been pointed out or not, but you need=20=

to run the port forwarding script whenever Frontier is restarted if you=20=

want to use port 80. You can see the script by jumping to=20
userland.portforward. You can add a call to this script to your user=20
menu and run it manually after every restart.

Another approach is to make a copy of the portforward script that=20
bypasses the dialog and includes the password, then put that script at=20=

user.callbacks.startup. It means your admin password is visible in a=20
script, but it will run automatically on restart. HTH.

On Friday, March 29, 2002, at 12:10 PM, Tammy Walters wrote:

> Would someone please help me address this problem?=A0I am running =
manila=20
> on top of OSX not the server version though.=A0Everytime we have a =
power=20
> outage and the server goes down, the manila website gets lost=85I see =
it=20
> locally but the web databases cannot be accessed from the outside.=A0The=
=20
> controlpanels can be accessed locally also but again cannot be =
accessed=20
> from outside.=A0It appears that the ip address and the websites are no=20=

> longer =91married=92.=A0Short of reinstalling the software, =
establishing a=20
> new website and then uninstalling the individual websites and=20
> reinstalling them into the new site, I have not been able to solve =
this=20
> problem.=A0Can anyone help or direct me to a possible solution?

Regards,
Ken

--Apple-Mail-2-707136527

Tammy,

I'm not sure if this has already been pointed out or not, but you need
to run the port forwarding script whenever Frontier is restarted if
you want to use port 80. You can see the script by jumping to
userland.portforward. You can add a call to this script to your user
menu and run it manually after every restart.

Another approach is to make a copy of the portforward script that
bypasses the dialog and includes the password, then put that script at
user.callbacks.startup. It means your admin password is visible in a
script, but it will run automatically on restart. HTH.=20

=20