Mystery message from Frontier

David A. Bayly Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 23:24:37 +0100

>On Tuesday, April 9, 2002, at 02:15  PM, David A. Bayly wrote:
>
>>You're missing a table at config.manila./stats.referers. Make an
>>empty one and see what happens
>>

>Hi David and Frontier/Manila Gurus:
>
>Could this be the cause of my problems as well? I am getting the
>same mystery message when my client tries to submit a new story to
>update his Manila website. More info:
>http://frontier.userland.com/discuss/msgReader$9981?mode=topic&y=2002&m=4&
>d=9
>
>I will try adding an empty refers table to config.manila.stats and
>see if this fixes the problem.

I think your problem is that the referer isn't getting from the
browser to Frontier.  Doug's problem may be that he only ever
referenced the website from localhost, so there never was a referer
and the table wasn't created . I'm guessing.

I know how to debug your problem though. Do you have access to the
server? If so set config.mainresponder.prefs.flDebug to true.
Reproduce the problem, then look at config.mainresponder.debugLog.
Look at paramsin. Look at requestheaders. tabale. Wjat do you see?

Don't forget to set  t config.mainresponder.prefs.flDebug to false.