Can't connect to server 127.0.0.1

Jim Byrne Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:15:20 +0100

on 11/4/02 9:29 pm, Douglas Wagner at hdmw@mac.com wrote:

> Hello Joseph:
> Thanks for your explanation of the use of 127.0.0.1.
> I was not aware of the details.
>
> I've found that although I don't have the "Server" menu item in
> Frontier, the server is up and running, and I can contact it using
> http://127.0.0.1:8080/controlPanel/, after I run 'Set Up Frontier...'
>
> Still can't access the default web site however or the new one I created.

Douglas,

Under your Frontier Window menu do you see the following open databases:

manilaWebsites.root
mainResponder.root
config.root
discuss.root
members.root
manila.root
prefs.root
resources.root

These should all be open at startup - if they are not open, launch them.

Have a look in your  www folder in the Guest Databases folder (in your
Frontier folder of course) - do you see a database called
manilaWebsites.root?

If you can access the control panel that suggests that the server is working
ok - but that the database containing the Websites is not being found.

All the best,
Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
Web.

Services: Website Accessibility Audits, Accessible Web design, Accessible
Website Management Training.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: