Static pages and shortcuts

Jim Byrne Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:31:41 +0100

on 22/4/02 4:20 pm, Bob Kemp at robert.kemp@strath.ac.uk wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to persuade static rendering to work on my site. After a
> few false starts with urls I've got a rendered site. Only problem is that
> shortcuts are not rendering correctly.
>
> An example: a page with url
> http://dio.cdlr.strath.ac.uk/standards/academicguide.html renders fine. But
> the shortcut is rendered as:
> http://dio.cdlr.strath.ac.uk/diostandards/academicGuide.html  - which of
> course doesn't work. This is the case with all the shortcuts.

Bob,

What filename did you give your page? I had a similar problem a good while
back when I converted a Website from the old Frontier Website Framework to
Manila. The page names on my site had capital letters - and Manila by
default created 'all lowercase' shortcuts - breaking my links. The word from
Userland at the time was that all filename shortcuts were set to lower case
in the script - I couldn't understand why this was enforced at the time -
but I see from your example that this is probably no longer the case.

I can't remember how I resolved this (not helpful eh) - but I did decide to
make sure that all new filenames were lowercase.

Have a look at David Baylys 'ManilaFixer' plugin - part of his Bayly.root
download from here: http://www.baylys.com:8080/help/. You can set
'lowerCaseFileNames' to false or true on the Static Rendering page.

Hope that helps.

> I'm guessing that the rendering process is picking up on the /DIO/ in the
> URL of my original Manila site,
> http://130.159.238.185:8080/DIO/standards/academicGuide and conflating
> /DIO/standards/ into /diostandards/.

Don't understand what you mean by /DIO/?

All the best,
Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
Web.

Services: Website Accessibility Audits, Accessible Web design, Accessible
Website Management Training.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: