Static pages and shortcuts

Sam DeVore Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 08:04:47 -0700

On 4/25/02 7:44 AM, "Bob Kemp" <robert.kemp@strath.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for the contributions to date. Digging a little deeper, I see I have
> a problem with (at least) the location of the rendered files.
>
> In the Control Panel, I have:
>
> Folder for static rendering:    K:\\manilasites\
> - K: being the mapped network drive for the server under NT
>
> URL for static rendering:       http://dio.cdlr.strath.ac.uk/
>
> I have ensured that these settings are the same as in staticSite/ftpSite.
>
> I expected the rendered files to appear in the manilasites sub-directory of
> K:, but instead they're appearing in the root of K:
>
> (Oh, and the pages aren't being served at all now - I suspect a syntactic
> tweak too far has made things worse.)
>
> Has anybody any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Think I have a
> rather ill-formed mental model as to what happens in the rendering process.
> An example of a 'good' setup would probably be useful.
Bob here is my screen shot of a similar set up, where G: is a samba mounted
volume that is on a *nix machine.  This is on an NT machine.

http://radio.teachesme.com/users/0000011/images/2002/04/25/workingStatic.gif

HTH

Sam D
Samuel C. DeVore    sdevore@teachesme.com
www.TeachesMe.com
Because if you are not managing your content...
Who is?
See us for content management for teachers/schools/students