Static pages and shortcuts

Bob Kemp Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 15:44:15 +0100

Thanks for the contributions to date. Digging a little deeper, I see I have
a problem with (at least) the location of the rendered files.

In the Control Panel, I have:

Folder for static rendering:    K:\\manilasites\
- K: being the mapped network drive for the server under NT

URL for static rendering:       http://dio.cdlr.strath.ac.uk/

I have ensured that these settings are the same as in staticSite/ftpSite.

I expected the rendered files to appear in the manilasites sub-directory of
K:, but instead they're appearing in the root of K:

(Oh, and the pages aren't being served at all now - I suspect a syntactic
tweak too far has made things worse.)

Has anybody any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? Think I have a
rather ill-formed mental model as to what happens in the rendering process.
An example of a 'good' setup would probably be useful.

Cheers,

Bob