Copy and Paste from Word causes problems with curly quotes and apostrophes

Al Mac Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 05 Aug 2002 17:57:02 -0500

We can cut and paste from Microsoft to Clip Board then from there to Manila
site.
This eliminates all the weird Microsoft characters.  We also lose all our
bolding, italics, indenting, and other nice stuff.  We could try
experimenting saving the Microsoft Word into some other format, such as
Rich Text Format, to see if cut and paste from there has the same garbage.

>Hello all,
>
>I have a problem with copying and pasting from Microsoft Word into a manilla
>site.  The curly quotes and the apostrophes get altered to a comma in the
>case of the apostrophe and a strange character for the start and ending
>quotes.
>
>I understand it's because the Frontier Server is a Mac and the client is a
>PC.  Attempts to fix this have only changed the wrong character to another
>wrong character.
>
>If anybody has any ideas I would be most grateful, as currently every story
>that gets pasted has to be read carefully to pick up the offending
>characters.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Paul Newport
>Director, Business Development
>TiZwine.com Limited
>P.O. Box 302 797
>North Harbour
>Auckland 1330
>New Zealand
>Tel: ++64 9 475 5077
>Fax: ++64 9 475 5067
>Mob: ++64 25 2958434
>Join TiZwine.com today and keep up to date with what's happening in the NZ
>wine industry:
>http://www.tizwine.com/member/signup/ to receive FREE Wine News
>http://www.tizwine.com For wine consumers
>http://www.tizwine.com/winenews/  For Daily Wine News
>http://biz.tizwine.com For Daily Wine Industry News
>http://www.myTiZ.com  For your customised New Zealand Wine Portal

-
Al Macintyre (macwheel99@sigecom.net via Eudora)
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107846/

Driver Alert: Back to school Kids imminent (Aug 12 in Evansville
Indiana).  This means after a lull of months without bunches of kids
careless about crossing the street, we're going to have that again, so be
on your toes, extra watch out.