Copy and Paste from Word causes problems with curly quotes and apostrophes

R. Scott Granneman Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 06 Aug 2002 11:04:30 -0500

No, it's occuring because Microsoft's WYSIWYG, which is what anyone
using Manila via Windows/IE5+ is using, is garbage.

The only solution is to:

1. Copy out of Word
2. Paste into a text editor (I recommend NoteTab Light, which is free,
but Notepad will do, although it's a pretty bad text editor too)
3. Copy out of text editor
4. Paste into WYSIWYG in Manila
5. Re-format what you just pasted (bold, italic, etc.)

Scott

--
R. Scott Granneman
scott@granneman.com ~ www.granneman.com
Join GranneNotes! Information at www.granneman.com

"... any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind,
and therefore never seem to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for
thee."
      ---John Donne