searching a Manila site

Bob Raiselis Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:54:50 -0500

I've followed the instructions at

<http://frontier.userland.com/stories/storyReader$3041>

but I can't get anything to show up in the config.mainResponder.data
table (there's meant to be a searchQueue table there, but it never
creates one - when I created one, nothing went into it).

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I have the default settings in the search
prefs for the site I want to search, using the dns name of the machine
like       machine.domain.net, port 80 (I'm setting up the search engine
on the same machine the site is running on)

and  the name of the procedure was left at mainResponder.search.index,
and the XML-RPC path left at /RPC2.

Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? is there a better approch to
making asearch link available for a manila site?

Running Frontier 9 under OS 9

thanks.

Bob