How to make the weblog more accessible

Al Mac Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:44:23 -0600

After applying some of the lessons of Mark Pilgrim's tutorial on making
your site accessible to people with a variety of disabilities: blind; can't
use hands; older people who have trouble with color combinations; stuck
with 56 k modem (weblogs often demand bandwidth greater than available to
ordinary users), you can have your website evaluated by a service to see
how accessible it really is, and give you a hit list of areas in need of
further improvement.  Here are some resources that might help with this
discussion.

http://askalice.ssbtechnologies.com:8080/askalice/index.html
http://www.cijs.ca/cijs-web.html
http://www.lib.duke.edu/reference/ada_webpg.htm