News item email notification text rendering problem

Michael Fraase Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 14 Feb 2002 15:50:08 -0600

I just noticed that there's a problem with the way Frontier/Manila
handles email notifications for news items. I think I had this problem
in the past, or something very similar to it, but I can't find the
resolution anywhere in my notes or on the UserLand sites.

The text of the email notification (which is the text of the news item
itself) is rendered as text with embedded HTML tags. For example:

href="http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2002/02/eileenspam1.htm">sting operation to
catch seven spammers who distributed deceptive chain letters</A>....

The text of the email notifications for Story items is rendered
properly.

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this?

--
Michael Fraase
ARTS & FARCES LLC