Metadata calling strange URL's

Chris Range Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:59:41 -0500

Here's a question for anyone versed in the arcane arts of the Metadata
plugin.

On this page
http://discuss.celticgrove.com/stories/storyReader$56

I'm building an index of CD's I have profiles of and the artists who made
them. The artists column pulls up the contents of a metadata field called
[artist] - I call it in the table using curlybracket artist curlybracket
(with no spaces) The metadata artist field contains a shortcut for that
artist like "The Drunken Rovers"

The artist names and links are showing up fine with one teensy problem -
somehow the URL's are getting formatted with 3 slashes after the http part
so you get URL's that look like this
http:///discuss.celticgrove.com/stories/storyReader$790

This doesn't always happen as evidenced by the perfectly formed link in the
table to Hadrian's Wall - but it looks like the rest of them are messed up.

If anyone has any idea why this is happening I'd love to hear it.

Thanks

Chris Range
CelticGrove.com
"Helping people milk their employer's bandwidth on Irish pub tunes for a 3rd
of a decade"