Any limitations with site structure?

Jim Byrne Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 25 Feb 2002 13:57:56 +0000

on 24/2/02 3:37 am, Michael Fraase at mfraase@farces.com wrote:

> Are there any limitations with the site structure?
>
> I can see how this bugger could grow to unmanageable proportions in a
> relatively short time. Does performance degrade if it gets too large?
> How large is too large?
Michael,

There will come a point when you will no longer be able to edit your site
structure directly via your Web browser. There is a limit to the amount of
text that can be sent via a browser form.

At that point you could use radio to update your site structure. David Bayly
also has a Plugin that allows you to manage your site structure - it is part
of Bayly.root which you can download from here:
http://www.baylys.com:8080/help/

All the best,
Jim

--
Jim Byrne Project Director, The Making Connections Unit, Glasgow Caledonian
University, Glasgow G4 OBA, 0141 331 3893

Everything you need to know about publishing accessible information on the
Web.

Services: Website Accessibility Audits, Accessible Web design, Accessible
Website Management Training.

The Making Connections Unit: http://www.mcu.org.uk/
Scottish Disability Information Mailing list: