Delete site and backup/restore

Manila-Newbies@userland.com Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 21:57:46 +0000

On Tue, 15 Jan 2002 21:33:50 +0100, rene.de.vries@howardshome.com
(Rene de Vries) wrote:-
>  I think I've now seen most of the documentation, links, prefs, macros =
>  etc. I can create sites, list sites. However, I cannot seem to find how =
>  to DELETE a site.
>
>  With my current Manila installation I've been experimenting with a =
>  couple of sites, keeping them active to compare the results. Now that I =
>  am getting the hang of it, most test sites can now go. But how do you =
>  delete them? It is probably trivial, as I found out most of the Manila =
>  features are....
>
>  Same applies for backup/restore. I found a number of items in the =
>  /controlpanel where I can set up that certain items are backed up. To be =
>  sure we're just backing up all the directories right now, but what to do =
>  if we want to do a selective backup?
>
>  Any advice much appreciated!

If you have access to your server, then its easy. Bring the root with
the site to the front, highlight the website and in the server menu,
uninstall site.   This gets rid of all the housekeeping thta makes
the table called XXXmaniolawebiste  an active Manila site.  If the
root contains more than one Manila website then you have to manually
delete the table from the root. Otherwise close the root and trash
the file.

If you don't have access, then AFAIK there is no way to delete a site.
--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
   		Digest Readers do it once a day.