Classroom Use

McComas, Karen Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 02 Jul 2002 15:22:38 -0400

--Boundary_(ID_4u7K4ZQm/kL+7ABbveEOaw)

Hi!

I'm using manila this summer for a class ( http://www.muwp.org/15/
<http://www.muwp.org/15/> ).  As you can see I've made some adjustments on
the discussion links to fit my needs.  I'm also getting ready to do some
work with young writer's camps ( http://www.muwp.org/muwp10/
<http://www.muwp.org/muwp10/> ) but this is still under development.  The
discussion links here have been modified to serve as places to post writing
and to respond to writing.  Those might give you some ideas about tweaks
that might fit your needs.

-----Original Message-----
From: davidwallace@mac.com [mailto:davidwallace@mac.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 3:18 PM
To: manila-newbies@userland.com
Subject: Classroom Use

I am thinking about using Manila in our classroom environment for teachers
to create and maintain classroom webpages. Is there anyone out there with
insight to this. I am diffently wanting the browser editing portion but was
wondering if it was possible to change The "Discussion" section to Homework
assignments or teacher announcements. Any help is appreciated.

David

--Boundary_(ID_4u7K4ZQm/kL+7ABbveEOaw)

<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE></TITLE>

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4728.2300" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=795572019-02072002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Hi!</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=795572019-02072002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=795572019-02072002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>I'm
using manila this summer for a class (<A
href="http://www.muwp.org/15/">http://www.muwp.org/15/</A>).&nbsp; As you can
see I've made some adjustments on the discussion links to fit my needs.&nbsp;
I'm also getting ready to do some work with young writer's camps (<A
href="http://www.muwp.org/muwp10/">http://www.muwp.org/muwp10/</A>) but this is
still under development.&nbsp; The discussion links here have been modified to
serve as places to post writing and to respond to writing.&nbsp; Those might
give you some ideas about tweaks that might fit your needs.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> davidwallace@mac.com
  [mailto:davidwallace@mac.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, July 02, 2002 3:18
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> manila-newbies@userland.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> Classroom
  Use<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>
  <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>I am thinking about using Manila in our
  classroom environment for teachers to create and maintain classroom webpages.
  Is there anyone out there with insight to this. I am diffently wanting the
  browser editing portion but was wondering if it was possible to change The
  "Discussion" section to Homework assignments or teacher announcements. Any
  help is appreciated. </FONT></P><BR>
  <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=4>David
</FONT></P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

--Boundary_(ID_4u7K4ZQm/kL+7ABbveEOaw)--