"Can't read stream because the TCP connection..."

Sam DeVore Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 09 Jul 2002 10:25:20 -0700

On 7/9/02 12:35 AM, "Doc Searls" <doc@searls.com> wrote:

> At 4:17 PM -0700 7/8/02, Sam DeVore wrote:
>> Sounds like the same bug in the networking that bites me when trying to
>> upstream to a rcs host running windows.  Let me guess Doc, running os x?
>> Did you change anything about your network recently?

Doc on the ping test what kind of failure rate are you getting?

Network utility will report this when done. Andre, Doug and I did a bunch of
testing with this (I suffer from the same problem) and it seemed to come
down to the fact that os x connecting to a windows machine do not handle
failed packets right.  The problem doesn't seem to happen when os x connects
to os x or os x to os 9.  There is some issue with the connection to
windows, I am beginning to wonder if it related to the the recent
revelations about windows not running at full duplex when talking to os x
that I have been reading about.

Sam D
Samuel C. DeVore    sdevore@teachesme.com
www.TeachesMe.com
Because if you are not managing your content...
Who is?
See us for content management for teachers/schools/students