"Can't read stream because the TCP connection..."

Sam DeVore Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 11 Jul 2002 20:27:58 -0700

> This shouldn't be an issue in anything but lan situations, and only in on=
es
> with cheap switches at that. He's looking at the difference between 100Mb=
ps
> and 200Mpbs, (roughly) and that is only even close to possible on a lan.
>=20
> Back in one (frontier/radio, I don't remember) of the OSX beta periods, I
> remember running into a case where an OSX frontier/radio installation wou=
ld
> wind up with queued outbound tcp data that was flushed by the os very slo=
wly.
> The symptom disappeared, and I didn't think much more of it.
>=20
> On osx, when you're upstreaming, you sould be able to run a netstat comma=
nd
> in a terminal window and see if there is anything in the send queue for a=
ll of
> the open connections. In the following example, there are a few www
> connections open, and none have any data in the sendq column.

Eric,
  One of the things that Andr=E9 discovered when we were working on this
upstreaming problem before was that when there were dropped packets going
from Radio (and Frontier) running on OS X to a frontier server running on
Win 2K that the packets were not resent properly.  Is this an indication
that there is a problem at the OS level with the tcp transport or do you
think that it is an issue in the application.  From the client side it was
possible to duplicate the problem to some extent using the builtin xml-rpc
commands in applescript.  Any thoughts???

Sorry that this is not very newbie seeming

Sam D