A 'referer" did not match the expected "referer"' problem

Bob Kemp Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:13:24 +0100

For the record - problem solved. I backed up my manilaWebsites.root, used 
Change Site URL in the Server menu to change to and that was it. Just needed to take the plunge.



>Hi everyone,
>I've just upgraded to Frontier 8. Mostly things work fine, but I can't 
>Edit This Page. I get the error 'Can't post to this page because the 
>"referer" did not match the expected "referer"'. The only thing I can 
>think of that might explain this mismatch is that my domain is 
> and most of the urls in Frontier, including those in the 
>Control panel referring to my Manila sites are of the form 
>I've had a look at the documentation which mentions this error message but 
>can't find anything that appears to help. I did find reference to possible 
>browser issues, but I've tried several browsers and got the same result.
>I'd like to know if I'm on the right lines here, and if so, what to do 
>about it.
>Thanks in anticipation,
>Bob Kemp