A 'referer" did not match the expected "referer"' problem

Bob Kemp Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 15:16:44 +0100

Hi everyone,

I've just upgraded to Frontier 8. Mostly things work fine, but I can't Edit
This Page. I get the error 'Can't post to this page because the "referer"
did not match the expected "referer"'. The only thing I can think of that
might explain this mismatch is that my domain is 130.159.238.185 and most
of the urls in Frontier, including those in the Control panel referring to
my Manila sites are of the form 130.159.238.185:80/whatever/

I've had a look at the documentation which mentions this error message but
can't find anything that appears to help. I did find reference to possible
browser issues, but I've tried several browsers and got the same result.

I'd like to know if I'm on the right lines here, and if so, what to do
about it.

Thanks in anticipation,

Bob Kemp