chinese/doublebyte character support for manila/frontier

Jerome Camus Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 18:18:00 +0200

>Can anyone tell me if there is any chinese/doublebyte character code (Big5,
>GB) support for manila/frontier and is this something I need to have turned
>on at the server level or is it something that is not supported?

Yeah, we've got Manila/Frontier working in double byte character
code, but for simplified chinese (would that do?).
We've also got it working with the metaData plugIn.
It is not suported outright by userland, but so far it works for us -
You would have to intervene at the server level.

Cheers
Jerome