Exporting content from Manila/Frontier

Michael Fraase Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 7 May 2002 19:39:10 -0500

I asked this a few days ago, but got no response, so I'm trying here.

I'm exploring ways of getting content *out* of UserLand products. Not
that I'm at all necessarily dissatisfied with any of the UserLand
products, it's just that evil bit about locked trunks and all.

WHAT I DID
Updated Radio 8.0.7
Installed ManilaSiteConverter tool
Updated ManilaSiteConverter tool
Rebooted
Selected the ManilaSiteConverter tool from Radio's Tools menu Configured
the appropriate settings Selected the Convert Site to Radio Weblog...
Command Entered the URL of the Manila site Clicked the OK button
Received the "This will completely overwrite your current weblog.
Proceed?" prompt Clicked the OK button

WHAT I EXPECTED
ManilaSiteConverter tool to prompt me for a managing editor username and
password, and download the referenced Manila site, replacing my current
Radio weblog and leaving my Manila site intact.

WHAT HAPPENED
Error: "Can't call the script because the name "playlist" hasn't been
defined."

An additional data point: The Frontier Control Panel setting for site
downloading is "Yes."

Another additional data point: The Frontier "The XML Files" command
isn't working either. It errors out with some sort of "file created by
an earlier version" and all it spits out is a siteName.root file.

My Frontier instance is up-to-date and runs as a service on Windows 2000
Advanced Server which is also up-to-date.

Anyone have any ideas?

Please cc me in your response; I'm on the digest.

Thanks kindly.

--
Michael Fraase, partner
ARTS & FARCES LLC