sort order: topic view in discussion group

David A. Bayly Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Sat, 25 May 2002 12:50:42 +0100

>Hi all,
>
>Just wanted to let people know that I had an offline discussion with some
>folks about this, who turned me on to the Metadata plugin
>(http://zelotes.ent.iastate.edu/metadata/) with which it is pretty easy to
>create an alpha-sorted topic list.  Thanks David and Alan!
>
>-- Ned

For completeness the solution is to

- install metadata plugin
- define two fields to index the message table fields subject and inresponseTo
- create a new page somewhere whose body contains

{metadataMacros.showIndex("subject", "inresponseTo=0")}

Formatting is a left as an exercise for the reader.

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.