news items question

Manila-Newbies@userland.com Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 27 May 2002 16:24:08 +1000

I would like to confirm my understanding that news items and that day's discusion message cannot co-exist on the home page?

I am trying to list a set of links for certain DG items added that day on the home page. That is, create a home page that is editable, and the links are added in via a macro.

I wrote the code to do that - but adding in the macro call on the template (immediately after the {bodytext}) messed up the appearance (the links came after the calendar had been drawn instead of before it).

I doubt I'm the first to try this - am I missing something in my understanding?

thanks,
Christopher