trouble importing site (built in Ultradev) (Win2000)

Ken Dow Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 3 Sep 2002 09:34:34 -0400

Mary,

[Alert: This is not really newbie material!]

The import site feature doesn't create the required Manila messages - it's
from an earlier Frontier approach that rendered static pages. The best way
to handle your import is create an empty Manila site and write a script
that loops over your files and populates the Manila message database with
content extracted from each HTML file. You could also create Manila
pictures for your images and gems for your PDFs. I like using XML-RPC for
this kind of thing and most of the interfaces you'll need for this kind of
work are documented:

http://www.xmlrpc.com/stories/storyReader$700

You could also jump to the manilaSuite table and dig up the scripts for
populating a Manila site directly.

For JavaScript, I recommend using an external .js file linked into your
Manila template (same for CSS, btw). That way you can edit it with any
external tool you choose. HTH.

--
Regards
Ken

Learn about Frontier, Manila & Radio Userland
http://www.kendow.com/courses.html

The mind is a fire to be kindled not a vessel to be filled.
- Plutarch