Adding {title} macro to date header line on Story (home page)

DarwinPR Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 05:04:21 -1000

Can any suggestion how to add the title of my story (such as using the
{title} macro) inside the same horizontal highlighted (colored)
rectangle that contains the date of a Story when it is posted (using
default theme) on the Home Page in Single Story mode?

Right now, at best I can get something that looks like:

{title}
|||||||||||| date ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

for instance, I can manipulate the HTML template to get something like
this:

> It Worked!
>
> Congratulations and welcome to your new site.
>
>     * To start editing this site please log in. Your email address and
> password are the same as the ones used to create this website.
>
>     * After logging in, click the Edit this Page button below to edit
> this text. This is your home page to edit.
>
>     * You can change almost everything about the site, including its
> name, appearance, membership and bulletin features. The Prefs command
> in the Editors Only menu at the top of this page is the place to > start.
>
>     * Visit the Getting Started page on the Manila-Newbies site. It
> provides an overview and introduction to the different kinds of
> projects you can do with Manila. The Manila-Newbies site is there to
> help you work with Manila and to learn from each other.
>
> * Finally, please bookmark this page. This is your website. Be sure
> you can find it again.

It appears as if the colored rectangle containing the date inside it is
rendered via instructions inside the the {bodyText} macro which of
course renders a Story when placed on the Home Page ... and although a
Home Page's Appearance preferences allow one to select (yes or no) "Do
you want to display a title on your home page?" I can't seem to find a
means for determining *how* to force that title to appear next to the
date rectangular bar.

Thanks for any suggestions.

-Darwin