Database Program in Manila

Scott Bellows Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:24:21 -0400

Depending on what software is being used, you might want to contact your
school librarian and see if they can't just incorporate it into the school
library catalog (we do that, using Sirs-Mandarin).  This is a non-Manila
solution but probably makes good sense, rather than recreating the wheel.
In any case, good luck.

Scott  H. Bellows
Dir. Academic Tech.
305.460.2101

-----Original Message-----
From: Nathaniel I. Cordova [mailto:ncordova@willamette.edu]
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 1:09 PM
To: Weird Kid Software
Subject: Database Program in Manila

Hi Folks:

I would like to create a simple database to keep track of Dept. video and
audio tapes. We have a collection of video tapes that we use for classes,
and right now they just sit on a few bookshelves, in bags, etc. with hardly
anybody knowing how to find them, what we have, and so forth.

A database that could help us keep track of these videos, search by title,
keyword, length, would be helpful. What software program would allow me to
easily provide this kind of solution to be accessed from a Manila site?
Would Filemaker Pro? Anybody who has done this already?

Best,

NC
ncordova@willamette.edu