Editing an imported website

Graham Heyes Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 22:03:05 -0500

Firstly, thank you to those who offered suggestions on the other two
issues I mailed about in the last week. With their help I am 99% of the
way to having my site set up correctly. Particular thanks to David A.
Bayly who sent me the solution to moving stories from one site to
another using Bayly.root

Ok, the problem I am facing now is quite simple but I can't find the
answer using google either globally or at userland.com.

I have a lot of existing content on a web site. I imported it into a
table inside a Manila web site. If I point my browser at...

http://myserver/mysite/importedsite

... I see what was previously the content of index.html in my imported
site rendered as the bodytext in a Manila template. So far so good. The
problem is that I would like to be able to edit the imported content
but the rendered page has no "edit" button. I don't know how to get the
edit button to appear, or even if it is possible to edit the imported
content. Which resides in a WP entry like
homeManilaWebsite.importedsite.index

Searches of the userland.com site yield some old pre-manila discussions
but nothing useful.
	Graham
-------
Beware of Geeks bearing GIFS. http://coda.jlab.org/ Jefferson lab DAQ