Editing an imported website

David A. Bayly Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 07:53:23 +0000

>Ok, the problem I am facing now is quite simple but I can't find the
>answer using google either globally or at userland.com.
>
>I have a lot of existing content on a web site. I imported it into a
>table inside a Manila web site.

This is the key. A manila website doesn't much resemble a classic
site with a table of  text /outline  content. It is true that the
structure is much the same, but manila maintains  an array of
messages   elsewhere, each of which contains the content plus some
metadata, and renders them indirectly thru scripts  at
mysiteManilawebsite.discuss.msgreader  for example.

To get the edit this page feature, your data has to be massaged into
this format. The best way to do that is using Manila rpchandlers .
That's what I pointed to in my last offline email.

--

- David Bayly.       Programmer and digest reader.     dbayly at udena dot ch
  		Digest Readers do it once a day.