A Comedy of Errors

James Byrne Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 21:21:34 +0000

I haven't got a solution to offer you - but it's always good to know that at
least a few people are reading your posts - so I thought I'd throw a few
suggestions at you.

Your questions are probably not what most people would call 'newbie'
standard. So the first thing I would suggest is - send your questions to the
Userlands 'user' list or the Frontier 'server' list - if you have not
already done so. Post to the former, because it's hosted by Userland   - and
I suppose as a customer you can expect some support. Post to the later,
because there are lots of smart people on it (user list can be found on
http://frontier.userland.com - server list if my memory serves me right can

This next bit's an advertisement.
As to the image problem - if you can't get it to work - you could consider
not using the built-in image management - and just go for a more
conventional approach. Once I realised that I hardly every used an image
more than once, the advantage of Manila for images didn't look so good. So I
use Manila, along with  QuicknEasyImage (for PHP) which I've found to be,
how should I say, .... quick and easy. And, ehh, I wrote it myself
http://www.quickneasyimage.com. But don't let that put you off.

If you wait long enough: I think a well known Manila scripting junkie is
intending to release something with similar functionality to QuicknEasyImage
as a Manila plugin.

All the best,
Jim
p.s. all flames to flamehim@quickneasyimage.com