Questions after playing

Grant Dunham Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Thu, 09 Jan 2003 15:40:07 -0800

1. You don't have to use Manila like a blog.  I have a couple of courses where
students are doing exactly what you want.  I created one site for each student,
made them managing editors and then spent a bunch of time showing them how to
use the site.  Take a look at http://dl1.yukoncollege.yk.ca/anth220 or
http://dl1.yukoncollege.yk.ca/ysc  These are the main course pages.  There are
links to Student sites from each.  Send me a message off list if you want more
info.

2.  You don't need the login link (I sometimes hide it).  But in general, I
don't find it to be intrusive and recommend using it.  If you accidently delete
the link, go to the login page using the URL -
http://yourSite's.address/member/login  That will display the login page - login
and then put the link back.

3. See your IT department to get a DNS listing for your site.  Then you can use
whatever you like before the directory address.
Grant

--
PO Box 2799
Whitehorse, YT