Access

Don Wolff Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 08:23:51 -0800

If I remember correctly on 1/28/03 8:14 AM Nathaniel I. Cordova wrote:

> I have set up my course website with Manila and provided my students with
> the web address. Here's my dilemma right now. I'm on a campus and when my
> students log on from anywhere on campus, they can get to the site fine
> (well, some have had problems but not too many) So far, I can log on to the
> site from anywhere on campus. But as soon as my students try to get to the
> site from off campus they complain that the site does not come up at all.
> That is, they can't get to it.
>
> I have been able to get to the site fine from a dial-up connection (although
> a few times it would not load at all), and another student was able to do
> the same (after experiencing some trouble first), but the rest of the
> students have not been able to get to the site. Same thing is happening to
> my other course websites.
>
> A couple of friends of mine have tried to access the site and have not been
> able to do so. What am I doing wrong? Or is this a problem with my school's
> server?

What is the address of the site? This sounds like it could be either a DNS
issue (most likely) or an issue with a firewall on campus. Send us the
address, and if possible the IP address of the machine that is hosting your
Manila site.

Regards,

-Don

To condone stupidity is to embrace it...
Don Wolff- Technology Coordinator
Phoenix-Talent School District #4
mailto:don.wolff@phoenix.k12.or.us
Office- 541-535-0200