News Items

P.G. Secondino Manila-Newbies@userland.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 08:53:01 -0400

on 6/16/03 4:27 PM, James K. Lee at jamesklee@alum.mit.edu wrote:

> I have a weblog hosted by weblogger.com where I currently don't use News
> Items. I would like to start using News Items so I can use the commentlink
> feature.
>
> What's the best way to make the transition to News Items? I don't want to jump
> in without some advice because last time I tried turning this on, all of my
> posts disappeared off the home page. (and they come back when I turn News
> items off) I'm sure this is intended behaviour but knowing that doesn't help
> me very much. (i.e. how do I start using News items without losing all my
> existing posts?)
>
> Nobody knows my weblog exists so I don't really need the comments feature
> right now but I'll eventually tell some folks about the site so it will be
> nice to have it before I let people know.

James,

I switched to News Items on May 1 2003. Sometime during April I added a
notice to my home page template to inform the readers of my intention. I
gradually reduced the the number of news days on the home page down to 1 by
May 1. When I made the switch I immediately published a news item and
changed the notice in my template. The notice was removed after 30 days.

HTH

Gary

  Weblog - http://iseeisay.editthispage.com